Monday, November 1, 2010

My New Blog

I figured I would start my first blog post off explaing what my blog is about and why I am posting. First ill explain what my intentions are for the blog and what its about. I started this blog to allow myself an outlet, an outlet to express thoughts that I can no longer suppress. Thoughts that would normally make people cringe or want to change topics. I figure if I can express my thoughts then I can claim some sanity in my life. So If you read this blog and find you can relate or are interested in what I have to say, then this blog is for you.

I should tell you a little bit about myself so you can get a little glimpse into my background. I was raised catholic until I was about 6 or so after that my family stopped going to church. Why we stopped going I am not exactly sure but our family remained slightly religious in our own way. As I grew up I was socially indoctrinated (as I like to call it) in to more religious nonsense. I learned about religion from all the people I encountered in my life talking away from it only fear and hatred. As I got into my teens I found myself fascinated with how the world works and needed to know Exactly! how it works, down to the last nut and bolt. As a child I was always taking thing apart and putting things together in order to find out precisely how they work. So I inevitably tried to apply this skill to the world around me by learning as much science as I possibly could and will continue to do till the day I die. As my knowledge for how the world works expanded my religiosity decreased exponentially. I soon found myself asking the big questions about life and found that religion had only stories and fairy tales to offer, whereas science had evidence and proof to support its claims. Shortly there after I made my transitions form Skeptic, to Agnostic and now Atheist unless proven demonstrably otherwise(Unlikely but almost anything is possible). 

No comments:

Post a Comment